Witness the sunset of a lifetime in Broome, the gateway to Australia’s North West and the proud pearling capital of the country.
Often referred to as the pearl of North West Australia, Broome is the western gateway to the Kimberley wilderness and the Purnululu National Park, commonly known as The Bungle Bungles. Just a two and a half hour flight from Perth transports you to a tropical oasis of white sand and crystal-clear blue water. Broome is also home to the world-famous Cable Beach, making it one of the state’s most popular holiday destinations. The renowned beaches of Broome aren’t just beautiful; they also boast a rich history. Cable Beach is named for an undersea telegraph cable that was laid in the late 1800s, connecting Broome all the way to Singapore. The rich pearling history of the area is utterly fascinating, as are the ancient 130 million-year-old dinosaur footprints that can be found at Gantheaume Point. Whether you’re an adrenaline junkie, a history buff, or anything in between, there’s always something in Broome to spark your imagination and ignite your senses.
Accommodation in Broome
Mantra Frangipani in Broome, Western Australia, is within walking distance of the pristine shores of Cable Beach and an amazing array of restaurants and cafes. It's only a ten minute drive into Broome’s town centre or Broome International Airport, making it the perfect location for your holiday or business trip. Mantra Frangipani is architecturally designed in an appealing contemporary style to suit families and couples alike. This single-level hotel offers fully self-contained deluxe one, two and three bedroom accommodation options, with beautifully landscaped gardens to enhance the feeling of privacy and tranquillity. All apartments offer spacious living and dining areas, large bedrooms and fully equipped kitchens, as well as Mantra’s signature and unique private outdoor shower.
All rooms come with free WiFi so that you can always stay connected, as well as undercover parking for your convenience. There are also scooters available for hire at the hotel, so that guests can easily explore the area without the hassle of having to drive. Last but not least, Mantra Frangipani has two large designer swimming pools set in lush tropical gardens, with tailored shade sails to provide gentle protection from the sun. The gazebos and a large electric barbecue around the main swimming pool provide a relaxing way to end the day. Both swimming pools are temperature controlled for your comfort.
This is your private oasis and a stepping stone to the spectacular Kimberley region, one of the world's last frontiers.
This is Mantra Frangipani Broome.
Attractions and activities in Broome
If you’re looking for things to do in Broome, Mantra Frangipani is a great starting point. The majority of attractions and activities are located just a short stroll from its centralised location. Some of the more popular sightseeing options include:
- Sundowner Camel Tour – Experience something a little more special than your usual beachside stroll. Sit atop a camel as you explore Cable Beach with your friends and family, and don’t miss the stunning views across to Gantheaume Point.
- Pearl Lugger Tour & Sunset Cruise – Enjoy the beauty and serenity of Broome’s pristine coastline as you cruise on a century-old authentic wooden pearling lugger. Savour the fresh food and indulge in a glass of wine as the sun sets, and marvel at the fact that you’re walking the same decks as divers who sought their fortunes over a hundred years ago.
- Staircase to the Moon – This breathtaking natural phenomenon, which occurs between March and October when the conditions are just right, is caused by the rising of the full moon reflecting off the exposed mudflats at extremely low tide. This creates a beautiful optical illusion of stairs reaching up towards the moon. This stunning spectacle is often complemented by the local markets at Town Beach, where you can sample local produce, purchase crafts and enjoy the local entertainment.
- Whale watching – Join Broome Whale Watching on an afternoon cruise and learn all about humpback whale migratory patterns and behaviours. Also be sure to keep an eye out for dolphins, turtles and even sharks! It’s a perfect day out for all ages.
- Hovercrafts & dinosaur footprints – While these two things are not normally associated with each other, this is probably one of the most intriguing and captivating experiences Broome has to offer. Enjoy the sights of the Broome coastline and the wonders of Roebuck Bay as you hover over very low water, tidal flats, and sand bars to places inaccessible by any other means. Learn about the history of Broome and check out the famous dinosaur footprints left behind a hundred million years ago.
- Cultural Chinatown – Once a bustling hub of pearl sheds, billiard saloons and opium dens, Chinatown in Broome is now home to fine pearl showrooms and an eclectic mix of sidewalk cafes and restaurants serving exotic East-meets-West cuisine.
- Dampier Peninsula and Cape Leveque offer the perfect getaway for adventurous travellers. In addition to their picturesque natural landscapes, these areas also give you the chance to experience the unique culture and history of the local Indigenous peoples.
- Flyboarding – It’s the latest extreme water sport to hit Cable Beach. Find flyboarders north of the rocks and get involved! You’re sure to have an absolute blast.
Staying in Broome
With so many exciting events and activities on offer, deciding where to go and what to do in Broome can be a challenge. Finding the best Broome accommodation for your needs, however, should not, which is why here at Mantra, we’ve taken the stress out of finding and booking your next studio, hotel room or self-contained apartment.
Next time you’re heading to Broome, look no further than Mantra Frangipani to provide you and your family with all your accommodation needs. Book now or click here to get more information on the accommodation Mantra has to offer, or speak with one of our friendly representatives today on 1300 987 604.