Accommodation in Wollongong
Welcome to Wollongong, a city overflowing with activities and attractions and fringed by superb beaches and natural parklands.
Located just one hour’s drive south of Sydney and surrounded by crystal clear waters and commanding cliffs sits Wollongong, the third largest city in New South Wales. Affectionately known as ‘The Gong,’ it’s the perfect place to take some time out from the hustle and bustle of everyday life to relax and rejuvenate.
When entering the Illawarra Region and Wollongong itself, we recommend you turn off at the Royal National Park and follow the scenic coastal road. This route, known as the Grand Pacific Drive, winds its way along the coast to Wollongong and allows you to fully experience the spectacular view and the breathtaking Sea Cliff Bridge.
Keep reading to find out what makes Wollongong such a fun, vibrant and magnificent place to visit.
Accommodation in Wollongong
Mantra Wollongong is the perfect place to stay when visiting Wollongong. You’re within walking distance of the city centre and restaurant and shopping districts, and only a hop, skip, and jump away from the beach and national parklands.
Mantra offer fully self-contained one and two bedroom apartments that are stylish and contemporary in design, providing guests with the best in modern comfort and convenience.
All Mantra Wollongong hotel rooms are fully furnished and equipped with air conditioning, as well as internet, TV and cable. All one or two bedroom apartments also feature self-contained kitchen and laundry facilities, so you can happily cater for yourself and friends or family by creating your own home away from home.
Of course, you can always treat yourself to a relaxed and scrumptious breakfast at the Breakfast Lounge if you don’t feel like cooking. Request a balcony and enjoy the spectacular panoramic coastal views, available from most rooms. Secure undercover parking is also available to all Mantra guests.
If you’re looking for a quality Wollongong Hotel that caters to all your needs on your trip or holiday, look no further than Mantra Wollongong.
Things to do in and around Wollongong
Wollongong is one of those rare, untouched destinations where you can simply rest and unwind. However, with skydiving, surfing, hang-gliding, hiking, Harley cruises and much more on offer, there’s also a whole world of adventure waiting there for you.
Whether you’d prefer to have an adventurous holiday or a relaxing one, here are some of our favourite things to do in and around Wollongong:
- Skydive onto the beach, or try hang-gliding or paragliding over the beautiful coastline. It’s an experience you won’t soon forget.
- If you’re not quite ready for that much action, explore Wollongong on the back of a Harley through a guided bike tour.
- Check out the incredible visual grandeur of Nan Tien Temple (Chinese for Southern Paradise). This attraction, which is steeped in history, is the largest temple in the southern hemisphere.
- Even just getting to Wollongong on the Grand Pacific Drive is an experience, with its 140 km of spectacular coastal scenery.
- Jamberoo Action Park is NSW’s largest theme park, jam-packed with great entertainment for kids of all ages – especially the big ones.
- The Australian Motorlife Museum and Bradman Museum offer insights into our rich sporting and motoring history, and makes for a great day out for the family.
- Check the local schedule for seasonal events and performances at the Illawarra Performing Arts Centre.
- If sport is your thing, be sure to catch a rugby match at WIN stadium. Alternatively, you can play a challenging round of golf at Calderwood Valley or Wollongong public.
- Dapto Greyhound Track, affectionately known as ‘Dapto Dogs,’ is one of the country’s premier greyhound race venues and offers a fun and original night out for visitors to Wollongong.
- When the sun sets the city awaits you, with plenty of alfresco dining options and great bars and nightclubs. Check out the Illawarra Beach Side Brewery, which always gets the party started.
So what are you waiting for?
Accommodation in Wollongong with Mantra
Booking a hotel or accommodation in Wollongong with Mantra means that you’ll have the best of both worlds. Mantra Wollongong is perfectly positioned close to the city and its central shopping and dining districts, as well as the area’s beaches, parks and other natural attractions.
Whether you’re travelling for business or for leisure, take the stress out of your next visit to the wonderful coastal town of Wollongong by choosing Mantra.
Book now or click here to learn more, or speak to one of our friendly representatives today on 1300 987 604.