Port Macquarie is a town with a rich history and a vibrant seaside culture, alive with art and natural beauty. Keep reading to find out all that this beautiful coastal town to offer, as well as the best places to stay and things to do around town.
Port Macquarie is a flourishing coastal city at the heart of the Greater Port Macquarie area. With its intriguing convict buildings and ancient Aboriginal land, the area has a rich history for visitors to immerse themselves in, and its abundance of festivals and cultural events keep Port Macquarie busy and thriving the whole year round.
Port Macquarie is situated in a beautiful coastal region of NSW that is packed with stunning natural attractions: beaches, lakes, rivers, rainforests, national parks, and nature reserves. This makes it the perfect holiday destination for families and couples alike. You’ll enjoy exploring its bays, beaches and untouched beauty at a pace you decide upon.
Accommodation in Port Macquarie
Located on the Hastings River Waterfront in Port Macquarie, Mantra Quayside offers quality accommodation just minutes from the shopping and dining hub of Horton Street.
Featuring self-contained studios and one and two bedroom apartments, Mantra Quayside is the premier hotel in Port Macquarie, offering everything you need for a relaxed and stress-free New South Wales North Coast holiday.
Mantra Quayside puts you right at the heart of Port Macquarie and offers excellent self-contained accommodation. Only one kilometre from the beach and two blocks from Main Street, the superb location of Mantra Quayside means that you’re never too far from family-friendly activities and attractions, such as shopping malls, cinemas, restaurants, cafes, and public transport.
Stroll down to the beach or Hastings River, situated just fifty metres away. There are daily cruises from the river, and the lively Port Macquarie Yacht Club is always a popular choice for visitors to the area. Alternatively, you can retreat to our rooftop entertainment area, have a dip in the heated pool and admire the views of this charming seaside town.
Each studio and apartment in Mantra Quayside has a private balcony where you can kick back and relax, as well as plenty of in-room entertainment with free broadband WiFi, broadband internet and cable TV. All our rooms are strictly non-smoking for the comfort of all our guests.
Mantra Quayside is also the ideal home base from which to venture out to see the local sights, and is located just five kilometres from the airport.
Attractions and activities in Port Macquarie
If you’re looking for things to do in Port Macquarie, the centralised location of Mantra Quayside makes it a great starting point. Some of our favourite things to do in Port Macquarie include:
- Billabong Koala and Wildlife Park – This five-acre Wildlife Park and koala breeding centre is world renowned and gives visitors an opportunity to get up close and personal with some of Australia’s cute, cuddly and sometimes scary wildlife.
- Sea Acres Rainforest Centre & Boardwalk – Many wonders of the rainforest are found above ground level, so getting up into the canopy is the best way to explore it properly. Rising seven metres through the forest to the canopy above, the Sea Acres Rainforest boardwalk provides the perfect platform from which to experience this busy habitat.
- The Glasshouse – Set in the heart of Port Macquarie's business district, the Glasshouse is a stunning multi-purpose performing arts theatre, concert hall, and art gallery designed to deliver a highly unique viewing experience. As its name suggests, the exterior of this building is an incredible glass spectacle, so the throwing of stones is not recommended!
- Sunset, river, dolphin and whale watching – Port Macquarie is the gateway to 100 km of majestic waterways, whale and dolphin watching, and eco-adventure cruises. Whales are visible from May when humpbacks pass close to Port Macquarie on their migration, while dolphins can be seen throughout the year, often racing and chasing boats.
- Adventures for adrenaline junkies – You can take to the sky, sea, or land when it comes to outdoor activities in Port Macquarie. Skydiving, paragliding, horse-riding, surfing, boating, cycling, water skiing, wake boarding and kayaking are all on offer!
- Give your tastebuds a vacation – Port Macquarie is famous for its local produce and wines. The local shopping precinct and markets offer a selection of locally-made wine, beer, cheese and farm-fresh produce year round, although we recommend checking out the Tastings on Hastings food festival in October to truly experience the culinary delicacies the area has to offer.
Staying in Port Macquarie
There’s no end to the number of exciting activities, attractions and events on offer in the Port Macquarie area. If you’re having trouble deciding exactly what to put on the itinerary, the least we can do is make your Port Macquarie accommodation choice easy. Mantra Quayside boasts an amazing location, fantastic facilities, and friendly and professional service. What more could you want?
So next time you’re heading to Port Macquarie, look no further than Mantra Quayside to provide you and your family with all your accommodation needs. Book now or click here to get more information on the accommodation Mantra has to offer in Port Macquarie, or speak to one of our helpful representatives today on 1300 987 604.