While Queensland is blessed with fairly beautiful weather year round, once it starts warming up in Spring its prime time for a visit to the Sunshine State. Just in case you need a little convincing we’ve rounded up our top 10 reasons to book a flight to Queensland for your next holiday.
Beat the summer crowds and explore the biggest and best theme parks in Australia with Gold Coast’s theme parks
2. Book in an exhilarating Brisbane experience with the Story Bridge Adventure Climb. Spring is the sweet spot; you avoid both the cold winter mornings and scorching summer days.
3. From Surfers Paradise down to Burleigh and everywhere in between, the Gold Coast has new cafes and restaurants popping up everywhere, we’ve whittled it down to our six must visit spots.
4. We know this one is technically in New South Wales, but from Salt Village it’s only a 40 minute drive to Mount Warning. Wake up early and hike to the top for sunrise, you won’t regret it!
5. For an educational (but fun) holiday activity, be sure to stop by SEA LIFE Mooloolaba. Make friends with the cutest seals, see sharks in the underwater tunnel and find out lots about the world under the sea.
6. Ever enjoyed dinner in the heart of the rainforest? Well in Port Douglas you can. Just 10 minutes away from the heart of town you’ll discover Flames of the Forest, a truly unique way to dine.
7. From Airlie Beach, you’re at the gateway to the Whitsunday’s. For a once in a lifetime experience, book a tour out to the pristine white sands of Whitehaven Beach.
8. Up until November its prime whale watching season along Australia’s eastern coastline, take a trip to Hervey Bay to see these majestic creatures and learn why they migrate so from home.
9. Make the most of the balmy spring weather, with Brisbane’s wide array of outdoor dining and drinking options. Venture down to Eagle Street Pier or explore some of Brisbane’s best rooftop bars.
10. From Port Douglas you’re in the ideal location to discover the beautiful Great Barrier Reef, whether you explore by water or air it’s a trip you’ll never forget.
For perfect accommodation in Queensland, Mantra has resorts, hotels and apartments perfectly located on the Gold Coast, Brisbane, Sunshine Coast & Tropical North Queensland.