It’s summer holidays which means its family getaway time - the kids have boundless energy, the weather couldn’t be more perfect but you also want to fit in a bit of relaxing! Staying in the beautiful beachside destination of Mantra on Salt Beach, there is endless possibilities for activities that everyone can enjoy. From surfing to bike-riding and great easy food options, here we’ve compiled our top 5 things to do, so you can start to plan out the perfect family holiday!
1. Fish & Chips – everybody knows that no beachside holiday is complete without good old fashioned fish and chips, so for some nostalgia for the parents and a fun meal the kids are bound to enjoy, visit Salt Village Fish & Chips for a delicious family dinner or lunch.
2. Active Beach Day – For a day filled with family fun, embrace the kid’s boundless energy and guarantee some laugh’s for the whole family by organising Stand-up Paddleboarding or Surfing lessons down on Salt Beach. Watersports Guru will provide all the equipment, all you need to bring is the enthusiasm (and some sunscreen!)
3. Cycle Salt – With over 6km of flat coastal paths around Salt Village, the best way to explore is by bike – Hire bikes for yourself and the kids at reception and spend the day exploring the surrounding bushland and village attractions. It’s an easy way to get some holiday exercise in and the kids are bound to sleep extra well from all the activity!
" Staying in the beautiful beachside village of Salt, there is endless possibilities for activities that everyone can enjoy."
4. Kids eat free! – Every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday night, kids eat free at Salt Bar! Enjoy the beautiful views over Salt beach, delight in a fresh cocktail with your dinner and with a variety of kids’ menu options to choose from, everyone will be perfectly content! For an easy and relaxing family dinner, Salt Bar is a must visit.
5. Family BBQ Fun – For a nice relaxing family afternoon, head to the free use BBQ area in Salt Village. There’s a fun playground and large grassy area for the kids to run around and play on, while you can sit and relax on the picnic benches. Stop by the IGA in Salt Village, pick up some steaks, sausages, salads and drinks and you’re guaranteed a great afternoon that everyone will enjoy.
Kingscliff offers a relaxing beach-side escape and is renowned for its sensational surf...Read More »
Situated in the heart of the city, the hotel provides a stylish and comfortable base to explore... Read More »